Friday, February 24, 2006

W, the Mensa Member

My Beef This Week

A coworker of mine made two statements this past week that I just found laughable. 1) “George Bush is a republocrat,” meaning he’s a moderate. 2) “George Bush is intelligent.”

Now when these things came out of his mouth, I thought he might be drunk. Turns out he was just stupid. Normally I try to keep from talking about politics with coworkers since most of them are republican for the money factor. This time I just couldn’t help myself.

“What makes you think he’s a moderate?” The primary example I was given had to do with the borders and immigration. I can only think of um…..oh…..maybe a thousand other examples of why he is an extreme conservative. But in my coworker’s opinion, the immigration issue trumped all my thousand of conservative examples. That’s how the rules work in the republocratic society. One lame example beats anything legitimate – no matter how many examples you have.

“How on earth can you call this guy intelligent?” Personally, I think he is mildly retarded, or mentally handicapped as the PC term may be. I was told he merely APPEARS less than brilliant because he lacks verbal eloquence. I know a lot of people who are not very charismatic and lack wit, but I would by no means classify them as slow. W definitely falls within my “slow” parameters.
I would suggest a hunting trip with Cheney, but I shudder to think what would happen if Satan himself were sworn into office. Jesus I can’t wait until ’08. I just keep reminding myself that even though we have an aristocracy, W probably can’t push through an autocracy in 2 years.

My friends are worried Jeb is next. Me? I’m going to keep my shotgun clean, just in case I have to do some “bird” hunting in a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home